Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Exhibition


I wrote earlier about a SALA Exhibition. SALA stands for South Australian Living Artists Festival. In last year's SALA guide I saw the image above off a tree pendant. I had been looking for something like it for a long time so I went along to the exhibition which was held in an artist's studio in Nairne, near Mt Barker in the Adelaide Hills. The studio belonged to painter Cathryn Marinos (her work, 'Pachyderm' in Acrylic wash and gold ink on paper is also shown above.) She was also showing work by manufacturing jeweller Shannon Cornish. I absolutely loved all the art shown in Cathryn's studio and I made a wish - I wished that I could exhibit my work with them in the next year's SALA. My wish came true! I now also own a tree pendant by Shannon, just like the one shown above. I became friends with them over this last year and in that time Shannon and her partner Claire bought, renovated and created a gallery in Woodside, (also in the Adelaide Hills). It is called Ethos Gallery. Shannon has her working jewellery studio, Cathryn also now has her painting studio there, and there are 2 other exhibition rooms. And they invited me to show my work in one of them for SALA.

No comments:

Post a Comment