Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Bilby experiment continues




The first photo above is of the poor little deformed bilby once it was out of the water and dry. I was somewhat devasted at that point and quite a bit of swearing occured and then I looked at it again and realised I really liked the texture of it and also realised I had learnt a lot from my experiment. So I cut it up as can be seen in the next photo. I stitched another bilby, this time purely on fabric and regular stabiliser. I found that it bubbled up quite a bit and I ended up stuffing it so it's somewhat 3-dimensional. The final photo here shows the floating girl part of the jigsaw. I stitched her mainly on romeo and then mounted her on calico which meant she still had the thick layers of stitches which I like but she remained quite flat. I added the bilby to the calico and all the little old bilby jigsaw pieces and sewed and sewed until it came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment