Friday, December 18, 2009

MaccyArtO


During the SALA (South Australian Living Artists) Festival I met a group of artists at Cherry Red Gallery in Nairne (very near to Mt Barker), and they were Painter/Printmakers Cathryn Marinos and Sarah Campbell, and Jeweller Shannon Cornish. They have all become friends of mine and I find them very inspiring as friends and artists . I'm starting to feel like I'm part of a community of local artists and they were the beginning of that for me. I loved Shannon's jewellery so much I bought one of her tree pendants of which you can see on her splash page: www.shannoncornish.com.au Her website is coming soon.

Shannon introduced me to the art group MaccyArtO from Macclesfield (another small town close to Mt Barker). I've gone to a few of their meetings now (which are held at the above Macclesfield Institute) and we are going to be exhibiting in Macclesfield for the Adelaide Fringe Festival which is February 19 - March 14, 2010. I'm so very excited to be a part of it. Our theme is F-words because it is, I believe, the 50th Fringe Festival so I'm doing 'Fauna, Feathers & Fabric' stitch paintings. It feels so serendipitous to have met these wonderful new friends who have opened new doors for me and my art.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hello -

    Are Cathryn & Sara a mother & daughter team? I have been trying to find them again since we lived in the same town in Idaho (USA). My last contact with Cathy & her daughters was in November 1988.

    Please, if it is at all possible - have them contact me either by email or on Facebook accordingly:

    dan-hilbert@valornet.com

    Dan Hilbert (Broken Arrow, OK)

    All you have to say to them to remember me is "Dan the Man" and sing the song "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates...


    Sincerely,


    Dan Hilbert

    ReplyDelete