Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Free Motion Machine Embroidery work



Because I'm still recovering from my fall that occured in October 2010, (that shattered my right elbow), I wasn't able to work on my machine embroidery until around July 2011. That is why there were no new machine embroidery pieces in my SALA exhibition. I started some new pieces while I was exhibiting for SALA including this one in its unfinished state above. It's called 'Sugar Glider Headdress'. The pieces I had for SALA were my left handed hand embroideries and watercolour paintings that were done very slowly with my right hand. It's been so good getting back into machine embroidery, I have so many ideas which is lucky because I have 3 exhibitions coming up in June, August and November of 2012 and most of my work for that will be in free motion machine embroidery.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! It's wonderful to see all that you have been working on. The line of work looks so cohesive and I love seeing your pieces in progress. The background watercolour is so pretty and the perfect compliment to your pieces. I'm looking forward to following you blog!

    ReplyDelete