Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm back


Finally I'm back posting, it is a relief, it has been a long time between posts. I thought I'd start with a pretty pic (ie an autumn leaf I took a picture of in a park near my house in Mt Barker - I do love those Autumn reds) and then go to the not so pretty ones. Not long after I last did a round of postings on my blog in October 2010, I slipped on a few drops of water on tiles in my house and fell badly. I'm double jointed and I fell on my right palm with my elbow locked, I heard a crunch then found myself in enourmous pain. I had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance where after extremely painful xrays it was found that I had a very badly broken elbow and I had also ripped all the ligaments and everything. I had surgery the next day where there put in a lot of screws, a plate and wire to put my elbow back together. The above xrays are from a few weeks later. You can see the huge droopy half cast in the xray and all the staples along the incision. I am a right handed artist with now a very severe injury to my right elbow. What followed were months of recovery and physio and pain. I am now 7 months down the track and still in quite a lot of pain and discomfort and most likely will be for some time to come according to the doctor and physio. My accident happened on the 4 month anniversary of my Dad's death. To save my sanity I had to find new ways to make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment