Friday, December 18, 2009

India Flint workshop

Another serendipitous oppurtunity arose recently when Barbara rang me to offer me a free spot in a one day India Flint workshop. Our friend Cris from Textile Tuesdays was unwell and unable to go so they gave me her spot. India Flint is a phenomenally talented natural dyer, artist and desiger. I highly reccommend her book 'Eco Colour: botanical dyes for beautiful textiles' and her website: www.indiaflint.com Our workshop was held at a stunningly beautiful old house and large garden near Stirling in the Adelaide Hills. I don't want to go into detail of what we did because it's India's work and intelluctual property but we worked with dyeing using leaves we found around the garden and did felting to make beautiful scarves. Getting to see how India works and a snapshot of how she lives her life was a huge inspiration and I feel so lucky.

1 comment: