Thursday, December 17, 2009

Building brick by brick


The above photos are of the dollhouse my parents hand-made for me for my 4th birthday. It's one of my most favourite presents I've ever gotten. I had the idea of fixing it up but I didn't really think through the fact that I have a LOT of art projects that I'm working on so at the moment it's sitting in my bedroom as a kind of display area for trinkets and toys. I also look at it and remind myself that I am building my life here in South Australia, and my art and business, brick by brick, stitch by stitch, and that helps me not get too over-whelmed. Building a life is like building a house, you have to do it all step by step and not try and jump steps, or put on a roof before you've finished building the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment