Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Friendly Fox


And this is how 'The Friendly Fox' looks now covered in free motion machine embroidery. It became quite bubbly so I staple gunned it to the stretcher frame with stuffing behind it so it's quite 3-dimensional coming out from the wall. MaccyArtO is having a silent auction for the Fringe and we've each got pieces of about 20cm x 30cm hanging in the foyer of the Macclefield Institute. I do have bids on my piece which is really exciting, I hope the Fox will find a good home.

After a year of being obsessed and rather focused on hand embroidery I feel I'm coming back to machine embroidery, I have lots of ideas for new embroideries which I'm working on now.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh hand embroidery, Im sure you will find a way to meld the two together Tara. This piece is beautiful, it really glows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the highest bid for 'The Friendly Fox'in the MaccyArto silent auction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery works are so so stunning. I just watched you making on on your sweet video too, and so enjoyed it. I'm quite inspired to try some stitching myself now!

    ReplyDelete